Vector Illustration Project: Self-Portrait





      To get anywhere with my final product above, I had a hard time deciding at first what picture I wanted to do. At first, I had picked a picture of my dad in his army suit, but I wanted something that was much more personal to me. So I thought, why not do a self-portrait? The first and last time I had ever done a self-portrait was 7th grade, so I thought this would be an interesting challenge. For this project specifically, I chose the following selfie:


I was frustrated with this project to begin with because, just like the last two projects, I'd have to use the Adobe Illustrator program. Luckily enough though, I was actually able to learn a lot more about using more tools than just the blob brush on this project alone. On this project, I used the pencil tool, curvature tool, mesh tool, and the swirl tool. For the background, I changed to my favorite color and a cute design in order to make it less boring. After about a few days of analyzing the picture, making changes and improvements, I present to you my final product:


I'm actually very proud of what I was able to accomplish with this project! It's also nice to see a picture that looks like me for a change!

Comments

Popular Posts