Poster Project: Star Vs. The Forces of Evil


                             " Pony, no drama this year."


For this project, our task was to create a poster that incorporated a quote from either a song, book, movie, or show. While I did consider doing a poster on my own original Disney movie idea and I also thought of Disney Pixar's Coco, I then considered, why not use one of my favorite cartoon series for a change? So I decided without any doubt to use my most favorite show (after Spongebob): Star Vs. The Forces of  Evil! To begin with, I knew I needed to find a suitable background to make my scene have purpose. For that reason, I used the following background:
       

  As for the the rest of the poster, I needed to pick dramatic scenes and the original source of the quote. I decided to incorporate both actual scenes from the show and fan art I have myself for the show:

(Above picture is a digital artwork by Aury Morales)



(Above picture is a digital artwork by Aury Morales)

(Above picture is a digital artwork by Aury Morales)

(Above picture is a digital artwork by Aury Morales)




After compiling all of my images, I decided to add incorporate cool effects to make the picture come together. I used the airbrush tool for some shadows from Ponyhead and Star Butterfly. I used the laso tool to extract them and incorporate them on the background. I also used filter on the background to better match the cartoon style of the main attention of the poster! After much editing and creation, I present to you my final product:


I had a lot of fun creating this honestly! I created this to further show the irony of the quote, especially since drama was ESPECIALLY present in the third season of SVTFOE. I can say that this project has definitely allowed to become much more comfortable with photoshop, which I definitely do enjoy and love a lot more than I'll ever like Illustrator.

Comments

Popular Posts